These services may provide for modifications to the home and/or vehicle that directly address the consumer’s medical health or are necessary to provide for the medical needs, welfare and safety of the individual and to increase or maintain independence.
Some examples of some modifications are below:
- Kitchen counters, sink space, cabinets, and special adaptations to refrigerators, stoves and ovens.
- Bathtubs and toilets to accommodate transfer, special handles and hoses for shower heads, water faucet controls, and accessible showers and sink areas.
- Grab bars and handrails.
- Ramps, lifts, and door, hall and window widening.
- Fire safety alarm equipment specific for disability.
- Specialized doorknobs and handles.