Shift Nurse (2 positions)
Part Time – Works every 4th Saturday & Sunday 4:45am – 5:15am
Full Time – M-F, Second Shift. Working every 4th Saturday and every 8th Sunday with a day off during the week on weekends worked. Schedule subject to change upon department needs.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring resident health issues on a day-to-day basis and insuring necessary individual interventions.
- Implementing and maintaining temporary care plans are in place for residents who have a deviation from their normal activity level or care due to health issues.
- Informing direct staff of their responsibilities with resident’s in regards to health care matters for the shift, i.e., positioning, appointments, treatments, cares, etc.
- Implementing physician orders and treatment plans.
- Responding to health emergency situations in a calm, professional manner, assessing the situation, giving necessary instructions and initiating appropriate interventions.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of medications and treatments administered.
- Accurately administering medications according to the six R’s: right resident, right medication, right dose, right time, right route and right documentation; accurately administering treatments and internal feedings, providing timely documentation; assists in revising monthly medication sheets.
- Works with physicians to assure individual health concerns are addressed; insures that appropriate staff is informed and up-to-date regarding resident health issues.
- Maintains necessary contact with pharmacy and laboratory. Maintains resident parent/guardian contact for acute and routine health issues; insures that necessary information is related to and from nurses at schools and vocational site on a day-to-day basis.
- Insures the Health Services Manager is informed and up to date on resident status changes.
- Complies with building security policies, procedures and practices.
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Certification as a licensed practical nurse; registered nurse preferred.
- A minimum of one year nursing experience, preferably with targeted population.
- Current certification in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Required state training in dependent adult and child abuse class.
All positions at Hills & Dales require the ability to pass an extensive background check including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child abuse registries, Sex Offender registry and a criminal history check.
Full-time positions receive benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and 401(k). Part-time positions receive paid vacation, sick time and paid holidays.
Hills & Dales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Fill out an online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.