Behavior Assistants are responsible for administering and implementing all applied behavior analysis (ABA) programs and services within the Hills & Dales Autism Services for clients with autism and autism spectrum disorders. The role requires collaborative working relationships with children, family/visitors, co-workers, physicians and their office staff, social services, dietary/nutrition, school system employees, vendors/volunteers, outside agencies, students and all necessary departments in the performance of operations & responsibilities.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of Care
- Charges relating to services.
- Maintains professionalism
- Demonstrates & carries out the mission & values of the organization and is a role model operating with the highest standards of ethical practices.
- Communication with all staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Behavior Assistant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology or another Health related field.
- Become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) within one year of hire by passing the certification exam offered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
- A minimum of three months experience resulting in an established clinical background in the treatment of children with Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledgeable in area of school curriculum, especially Strategies for Teaching Based on Autism Research (STAR).
- Must have a general working knowledge of computers and department specific software.
- Experience with services and resources available within the community for families and children, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
All positions at Hills & Dales require the ability to pass an extensive background check including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child abuse registries, Sex Offender registry and a criminal history check.
Full-time positions receive benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and 401(k). Part-time positions receive paid vacation, sick time and paid holidays.
Hills & Dales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Fill out an online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.