Featured Job Opening!
Food Program Assistant
Hills & Dales Childcare Center
Part-time, First Shift
Monday – Friday
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:45am – 4:15pm
Hills & Dales is looking for a motivated individual to join our Childcare team. The Childcare Food Program Assistant is responsible for all preparation, set up and serving of food to the childcare center. The position is also responsible for keeping accurate records of all meals served and documenting children’s attendance at each meal. The position has the ability to work at your own pace and with all age children. Apply today for a rewarding career working with young children!
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
Preparation of food
Set-up and serving of food
Checks food supply needs for next meal
Ensures proper inventory and storage supplies
Ensures clean-up of dining areas and kitchen
Keeps accurate food records and documentation
Assists in monitoring and maintenance of equipment and kitchen, including conducting daily refrigerator and freezer temperature checks and recording readings
Assists lead teacher and teacher assistants to implement plans to nurture and stimulate appropriate development of the children in care
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- One of more years cooking or dining services experience preferred
- One year minimum experience in an early childhood setting is preferred, or a strong desire to work with young children
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicle
- Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
The Childcare Assistant is responsible for assisting the teacher in the education of children and maintaining daily communication with parents &/or guardians. Childcare Assistants encourage and facilitate children’s active participation in activities and actively participates in activities with children.
Food Program Assistant
Monday – Friday 7:45am – 4:15pm
Monday – Friday 5:25am – 2:00pm
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicle.
- Must complete CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions and Mandatory Reporting in the first three months of employment and ten contact hours of child related training annually.
All positions at Hills & Dales require the ability to pass an extensive background check including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child abuse registries, Sex Offender registry and a criminal history check.
Benefits include paid vacation for Lead teachers; up to 3 paid holidays for Childcare Assistants who work an average of 30 hours per week.
Hills & Dales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Fill out an online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.