Childcare Assistant Director
Monday-Friday – Flexible Schedule between the hours of 5:30am-6pm
Weekly schedule between 30-39 hours
1. Bachelor’s or higher degree in early childhood, child development, or elementary education preferred; may consider an Associate’s degree in child development or bachelor’s degree in a child related field or a Child development associate (CDA) or one year diploma in child development from a community college or technical school; Bachelor’s degree in a non-child related field or Associate’s degree in a non-child related field or completion of at least two years of a four year degree.
2. Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
3. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicle.
4. Experience working in a child care center or preschool setting preferred, may consider child development related experience or registered child development home or non-registered family home provider.
5. Must complete CPR, First Aid in the first three months of employment and 10 contact hours of child related training annually.
6. 1-2 years supervisory or management experience of employees.
The Childcare Assistant is responsible for assisting the teacher in the education of children and maintaining daily communication with parents &/or guardians. Childcare Assistants encourage and facilitate children’s active participation in activities and actively participates in activities with children.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicle.
- Must complete CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions and Mandatory Reporting in the first three months of employment and ten contact hours of child related training annually.
All positions at Hills & Dales require the ability to pass an extensive background check including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child abuse registries, Sex Offender registry and a criminal history check.
Benefits include paid vacation for Lead teachers; up to 3 paid holidays for Childcare Assistants who work an average of 30 hours per week.
Hills & Dales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Fill out an online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.