Make an Impact. Change a Life. Volunteer for Hills & Dales.
I really appreciate your orginaztion for reaching out to students so that we can volunteer and help the community out!
*Hills & Dales Volunteer
I had thought of volunteering at Hills & Dales for some time, but said to myself, it would be too depressing and difficult to see children with major disabilities. Oh, how mistaken I was! Sure, you do see persons with sever handicaps; and you also witness firsthand the joy and satisfaction of being part of their life. Being able to help them grow and learn about the world that they too live in, along with sharing in their happiness and yes, their frustrations, adds to my peace of mind and contentment. As I spend time with them and see their smiles and hear their laughter; this makes it all worthwhile. Thank You to all the residents and staff.
*Doug Kruser, Volunteer
Hills & Dales has many various opportunities for community members to support the organization in achieving our mission.
These may include:
- Volunteering to participate in various one-on-one or group activities with the individuals at our residential center, childcare center or community center such as:
- Arts & Crafts
- Group Respite Summer Day Camp
- Summer Day Habilitation
- Halloween Activities
- Agency sponsored events such as:
- Special holiday Congregate Meals
- Back to School Bash
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Summer Picnic
- Fall Fun Night
- Christmas Pageant
- Special events such as:
- Golf Outing
- Halloween Harvest in October
- Challenge Day in the Spring
- Snowball Winter Dance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine’s Day, and St Patrick’s Day
Requirements to volunteer:
- Formal volunteers must be at least 18 years of age to be alone with residents/consumers);
- 10 years and up for supervised activities; or children under 10 accompanied by an adult.